Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Staff Meetings are Fun!!

Boss - If you want to work a flex schedule, you need to give me a proposal outlining what your deliverables will be, such that your productivity is greater than if you worked a traditional schedule.

Worker - So, you want me to prove to you that i'll somehow be MORE productive and produce more "deliverables" simply because i'll be working 8:30 - 4:30 rather than 8:00 to 5:00?

Boss- yes.

Worker - Even though traditionally, when asking to work a flex schedule, the worker has to illustrate for management that no loss of job productivity will occur with a changed schedule, you want me to prove to you how coming in at 8:30 and leaving at 4:30 is going to make me even more productive when i'll be doing the exact same job?

Boss - yes.

Worker - I feel like i'm being set up for failure.

Boss - No!! Now why do you say that???

No comments:

Post a Comment